The Green Room

7:43 AM / Posted by Marcus /

There is an expression surfers use for the curl of the perfect wave. It's called the "Green Room", and getting inside it is the peak of the ride. To a new student/man like myself the Green Room might as well be Danmark, the University I am in, the company I work for, they life I have ... because getting inside it, in the in crowd, in parties, in clothes and in cars, in life and in culture, requires a skill they never thought me back in Arad.
That was what I thought when I took "the Green Room" at face value, when I believed people's images and played along with them. I know better now. I've learned the appearances can be deceiving, and if U believe them, U deceive yourself more than anyone else.

So when U meet me in your life, in the classes or in the planes, in the cities or in your life, I'll be looking for more than meets the eye. And I hope you will too. Because inside is where "the Green Room" really is.

Labels:

5 comments:

Anonymous on March 11, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Did they teach you back in Arad to copy-paste Brandon Walsh's editorial "The Green Room" and post it as 'your own' with no credits?? or are you really that much a pathetic person ?

and one more thing..
"the appearances can be deceiving, and if U believe them, U deceive yourself more than anyone else"

Beverly Hills 90210 Brandon Walsh "The green Room" editorial ⓒ

Comment by Marcus on March 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Yes, of course, they did. Besides, they teached me to ignore frustated people like you, who does not know what a hobby is or what to do with their life. Thanks for bothering, the post is adapted from the Beverly Hills. I do not feel like responding to Anonyms. Sorry for your situation.

Comment by Mitk on June 26, 2017 at 9:09 PM

I ended up here searching for "Green Room" quote from Beverly Hills 90210. Yes, you shouldn't re-write BH stuff. At least have curtesy to give credits.
Interestingly enough, according to Google, this is the only place on the internet that anybody actually quoted it. So, thanks.

Comment by Unknown on July 21, 2018 at 7:44 AM

This is great! I too was looking for the quote from 90210 and could only find this. It is a great quote! Hoping that more people read it and live by it.

Comment by Unknown on July 21, 2018 at 8:14 AM

Took it a step further and put it back to the original. Punctuation may be off but it is word for word.

There is an expression surfers use for the curl of the perfect wave. It's called the "Green Room", and getting inside it is the peak of the ride. To a new student like myself the Green Room might as well be West Beverly, because getting inside it, to the in crowd, the in parties, the in clothes and the in cars, requires a skill they never taught us back in Minnesota.
Or so I thought, that was when I took it all at face value, when I believed people's images and played along with them. What I've learned is that appearances can be very deceiving, and if you believe them, you deceive yourself more than anyone else.
I know better now. So when you meet me in the halls, or in class, or on the lawn at lunch. I'll be looking for more than meets the eye. And I hope you will too. Because that is where the "Green Room" is.

-Brandon Walsh
Beverly Hills 90210
S1E3 10/11/1990

Post a Comment