The Boomerang Effect

3:32 PM / Posted by Marcus /

Some people believe in Karma. Others think of it as the boomerang effect. No matter what label you attach to it, the basic meaning is essentially the same: That everything you send into the lives of others comes back into your own. The good and the bad. So even if you think you got away with it, watch out! Eventually it will all catch up with you. It always does!

My own experiences have proven the boomerang effect to be quite true. Whenever I did something bad to someone, I ended up having a bad luck streak from hell. Of course, logic can explain it all away. But aside from common sense we should also listen to our instincts, no matter how diminished they may be at this point.

The good news is that whenever we do good and put other people ahead of ourselves, the reward is usually ten-fold. Needless to say our attitude matters most though. If you only do things for others with the expectation of being rewarded then it devalues the action tremendously. But any selfless deed will go a long way in bringing you success and happiness in the future.

You may wonder why in the world I am writing about this stuff. Lemme tell you, I have had a bad couple of months and years. I did some bad things, hurting people along the way. It got to the point where I could not stand myself any more. So I finally got my head out of my ass and made amends. Asking for forgiveness, making changes, necessary ones!

Then, and only then, I started coming out of this black cloud. It was like a chain reaction that was set into motion. One good thing led to the next. Before I knew it, my life was all good again. What goes down must come back up, huh?

But ultimately, I believe that my good deeds finally started coming back to me. Of course, I am not perfect. Sometimes my evil twin takes over and makes me do bad things. lol But this fight is in every single one of us. It is the oldest and best known quarrel in the history of the world. What I am talking about is the yin and yan split. The balance between good and evil.

We cannot be 100% good because others would take advantage of us. That's the kind of world we live in.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment